петък, 29 април 2011 г.

Кратка история (на английски)

I felt so excited when I looked at the envelope. I couldn't believe my eyes, the signature. There was no doubt about it, it was that person's. On the next day at nine o'clock sharp we were to meet at Westbridge Station.
I hardly slept that night, so I was rather absent-minded in the morning. I overcooked my breakfast and missed the bus to school. Somehow that didn't really bother me, all of my everyday activities felt unimportant. I turned on the TV, stared at it for about half an hour and every second I spent doing that pissed me off more and more. I turned it off, put on a jacket and went for a walk to cool my head off. My phone rang, it was one of my classmates. I had no desire to talk to him or anyone else, except that person, so I hung up. I saw a dozen of missed calls. It seemed like I could think about nothing other than that message. After all I hadn't heard from or seen this person for such a long time. 10 years. It'd actually been 10 years since we've last seen each other.
It seems that I had unconciously got to Westbridge Station. My hands were shaking in excitement. It was 11 o'clock. I coulnd't possibly sit for another 10 hours waiting there. Yet, I also couldn't walk away. It took me 3 hours to get up from the bench there and get back home. I had lunch, did some housechors and basically everything else that I could think of, to get my mind off of things. It seemed like the longest day of my life.
After a while, I finally headed to our meeting place, this time to actually meet that person. On my whole way to the station I carried a grin on my face. I was happy. I was happy and anxious, and at the same time there was a pintch of sadness I felt. I got there too early ofcourse. I sat on the same bench as earlier. My palms were sweating and my heart was racing. I heard a sound. The sound of a train coming. She was coming. The moment had come when I was going to see her.
The train stopped and a tall woman with hazel eyes and brown hair came off. She was dressed extravagantly and could be easily distinguished from the crowd. There was no mistake, it was her. She looked around a bit and saw me. I could see her put on a big, warm smile as she was coming up to me at a slow, controlled pace. It'd been a very long time since we last met, nevertheless, I remember feeling the same feelings back then. Loved and protected. That's what I felt when my big sister was around me.
-My, my, have you grown! Long time no see!
-Sis, it's really you. - I managed to stutter. My words were at loss.
-I hope you're doing fine! There must be a lot going on with you.
-There is. I got into highschool, I also have this girl that I like, I'm thinking of confessing to her soon. I am a little more independent now.
-I'm so happy for you, I wish I could've been by you the whole time and watch you go through all of these things.
-It's ok, Sis, we have plenty of time to spend with each other, now that you're here. You're back for good, aren't you?
My sister stood in front of me in silence, just smiling and gazing at me.
-Sis, you are going to stay, are you not?
-Brother, know this and don't ever forget it! I love you and I've always loved you with my whole heart. I have a favour to ask of you! I want you to be a good boy, no matter what, okay?
-Sis, don't..
She leaned in and kissed me on my forehead.
-I love you! Farewell.
I could not say a thing. I could feel something warm on my cheeks. There were tears running down my face. It had been 10 years since she left home and our family hadn't heard of her. On the previous day, after all that time of not keeping in touch, she send me a mail, that I was to keep in secret, telling me about a surprise she was planing, a surprise arrival. I was too naiive, to actually think she would come back to settle. All my excitement had became sadness. She came for a mere farewell. Farewell. What could she have possibly meant by that?
On the next day I felt as if my life force was extracted from me. I obviously skipped school. I turned on the TV out of habit and there was breaking news on TV. A group of thieves was caught robbing a bank near Westbridge Station. According to the police this had been their biggest heist and when the police had entered the bank they'd been unwilling to cooperate and opened fire. In the crime scene few of the criminals had been shot and they passed away. The reporter started announcing their names. At that time I felt like my heart was going to beat open my ribcage and jump out of me. I was never religious, but at that moment I most sincerely prayed not to hear that name. Alas, this was not a fairytail and happy endings are not always found in real life. I heard her name loud and clear. I refused to believe it, but deep down inside I knew this was the truth. To think that I had all that excitement on the previous day when I opened that envelope and after that I would feel so empty, guilty and sad.

3 коментара:

  1. Това е един стар текст с неочакван край, който някои от вас вече са виждали. С английския мисля, че повечето от вас (всички) ще се оправят. Надявам се това да е редактираният вариант.

    ОтговорИзтриване
  2. Определено неочакван край :) много ми хареса и си мисля, че на български ще е още по-въздействащ ( не знам защо)

    ОтговорИзтриване
  3. Може, знам ли. Иначе това е домашно по английски, което писах в един форум ;)

    ОтговорИзтриване